Sunday, January 25, 2009

ATTENTION - Your Settop Box Is Not Authorized For Use

Please call the 800 number.

Did I really have to turn on my TV set to read that? Yup!
**************************************************
I called and they asked me my phone number and confirmed my address. The operator on the phone did something on his end and the clock came back on the display of my cable box, but he wasn't sure that would happen.

I got my Program Guide back which has been missing for a few weeks.

I thanked him and the call was over in 3 minutes. Woot!

Then I tried to flip thru channels and it went 9, 12, 100, 200, WHAT????!!!????

I fumbled thru Settings on the Remote and I guess that fixed it; I don't know what I did to fix it. Nobody has taught me how to use this remote yet. A lot of buttons and no clue as to how to work this thing...and I'm not normally a remote dummy. I gotta learn how to block the channels that take 25 seconds to tune in.

No comments:

Post a Comment