Sunday, January 25, 2009

*No* customer service. - High Speed Internet

*No* customer service. - High Speed Internet

Posted By: PLM1973 on 12/15/2006

Location: Playa Vista, CA

I wish I could say that I had poor customer service with this company, as others have, but sadly, I have had NO customer service. A few nights ago I came home, booted up my computer and found I had no internet access. No big deal, that happens.

I looked at my cable modem and found that the "power" light was out.
I tried flipping the power switch a few times, unplugging it and plugging it back in, switching outlets, etc. Nothing happened. So I figured either the modem itself or the power cable was toast.

I called my ISP, Time Warner Cable. I used the automated menu to request technical support and was told by the recording that the estimate wait time was over 30 minutes. Annoying but ok. So I waited....and waited...and waited. I made dinner and ate it. Did some laundry.
Did the dishes. Went out and got some Christmas shopping done (I was on hold on my cell phone). All total I was on hold for 2 1/2 hours and no one ever answered. Finally I gave up and went to bed.

The next night, I called in again. Same thing. This time I only waited 2 hours on hold before giving up. I drove down to Fry's and just bought a new cable modem myself. To heck with it. It's not worth hours and hours of listening to their hold music and every 10 seconds "Your call is very important to us and will be answered in just a few more moments."

I wish I had gotten through to *someone* just so I could suggest that they hire more customer service techs!

No comments:

Post a Comment