Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tsunami TWC, 10-20-2006

Horrible Support and Customer Service - Broadband and Email Access

Posted By: ezfindit on 10/27/2006

Location: Los Angeles, CA

My cable provider, Comcast, which had finally started listening to its customers, monitoring its networks, (I used to be the first one to notify them of an outage since I am online 12-14 hrs/day, and used to have to spend a good 30-40 minutes to convince them of that fact) and hiring tech folks with IQs higher than room temperature, was taken over by TimeWarner which is easily 3 to 4 times worse!!! High-school drop-outs without any IT training could rely on common sense and run this company better than the executives and managers in charge now.
It's like the Twilight Zone.

I have wasted a good 12+ hours since the forced migration heaped on me at the end of last week. I saw this coming the moment I saw the letter informing me that I will be switched on 10/20 and my email stopped working, without, get this, any kind of parallel running of their systems, roll-back options, or slow transition route. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

As I predicted, almost everything went wrong. With them forcing me to switch everything over and no grace period, during a weekend no less, it was a completed nightmare. I should have taped my telephone conversations with their "support" center. Comical and completely idiotic would not even begin to summarize the scenarios. Since DSL is not an option for me (too far away from the switch and SBC refused to moved it closer), fiber not ready (Verizon not even close), and no Wi-Fi providers, I am stuck with this monster of an incompetet company. It is beyond belief that such enormously stupid "telecommunications" company can exist and be allowed to take over accounts.

Average wait times during the weekend "migration" were 35-40 minutes. When I asked for better service, the "Support techs": (a) replied with useless help, (b) hanged up on me twice, (c) forwarded the call to the "if you want to make a call hang up and try again" black hole, and (d) bounced my call from the system.

Today (10/25) their email server was down for 8+ hours and I had to call 3 times and forward 3 bounce-back errors to convince them that the were having this problem.

My grandmother would have figured this out in 1/10th the time these idiots took to confirm their own email server problems. It's UNBELIEVABLE!!

I simply cannot believe that in 2006 we still have this kind of massive incompetence and idiocy running so rampant in so many US companies. No wonder so many Japanese, European, and now Chinese companies are beating it us to a pulp and taking over market share. The executives at Time Warner Cable are criminally negligent and completely reckless. They do not even know how to spell business or customer service. They would not be able to manage taco stand if they had to, let alone steer a multi-billion dollar telecomunications company. Pathetic, truly pathetic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment