Sunday, January 25, 2009

TWC - bad service must be their mission statement.

Are these guys for real? - Repairs/service (or lack of)

Posted By: Godstxgirl on 11/10/2007

Location: Beaumont, TX

After reading other's experiences with TWC, I think bad service must be their mission statement.

Brief synopsis.
Home phone and internet went out on Friday,Aug 30. Called them (waiting about 45 min on cell)

Set appointment for next Tuesday (their first available day) at 4PM. 4PM-5PM waited and no one appeared.
Called TWC, waiting on cell phone again (using minutes) almost an hour and was told "he is on the way".

At 9PM, called back (again long cell phone wait) and was told that "You have been bumped until tomorrow".

Explained that I work (and actually show up at my job) and set appointment for 3PM.

Wednesday, went home at 2:30.....waited until 3:30 and no one appeared...by the way, never a call letting me know. Called them (you already know the long cell phone wait part) and was told that I had called back and re-scheduled it for September 19th.....2 weeks away. When I asked when I supposedly called and why I would have wanted to wait for 2 additional weeks, no one knew and I was hung up on. Called back (waiting an additonal 40 minutes) to be told that they were busy and had been calling my home number and leaving a message and I didn't call back.

I told them that this was impossible as (stay with me here TWC)...THE HOME PHONE WAS NOT WORKING!!!!!

Finally on Thursday (almost a week later), my husband came home and a TWC van was at our house....still no phone calls...we just got lucky!

Technician said it was the modem (their equipment) and he would be back to fix it. You can guess how this worked out. About a week later, we did have internet and home phone service restored.

NOW....called about 10 times asking how the credit for days without service would be adjusted and was always referred to a supervisor who never called me back.

Wrote letter to Dallas main office....no response.

Finally, someone called us at home to let us know that our bill was ONE MONTH overdue. Explained our problem and that I was trying to rectify the bill. TWC person said they could credit us $4.95....yes FOUR DOLLARS AND NINETY FIVE CENTS for the 2 1/2 weeks, cell phone minutes, days taking off work, no service! When I complained, she said..."Well, we don't have to do anything." Took my $4.95 and paid bill in full.

Next month's bill....can you guess how much the
"late charge/administrative fee" was????? $4.95!!!

If there was ANYONE else to use...believe me, we would. If you can....AVOID THESE PEOPLE.

Oh and no way to contact them on their website....only the never answered customer service line. Saw in our local paper that TWC was cutting customer service reps and consolidating into one area. Wonder what that one lack of customer service rep for SouthEast Texas will do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment