Sunday, January 25, 2009

What's the 411?

Bogus Charges on Billing Statement - Digital Phone

Posted By: pattipatch on 1/26/2007

Location: columbus, OH

Every month I get billed for 411 calls , which are directory assisitance calls. I do not make any such calls. I decided to pay my monthly bill, in person, and make a complaint. I heard other customers complaining, about the same thing as I stood in line waiting.They said someone made the calls, although There is just myself and my husband.
I accused him and we ended up in an arguement.After 8 months of being charged $10 to $15 per bill for these, I demanded a breakdown of what numbers were called for. They informed me that a third party is providing the service so they do not have that information!Then they offered me an alternative to have the service blocked from my phone! Fine ,I do not use it anyway, I just pay for it. Supposedly the calls are $1.25 each but the amount is always an even 10, 15 ,16 dollars plus tax. When you do the math it does not add up to anything short of theft.Why didn't they offer the block of the service when I first complained, before I paid over $100 ?

No comments:

Post a Comment