Sunday, January 25, 2009

Who B Disconnectin' dat PHONE!?! Life on HOLD!

Poor customer service and misinformation - Cable television

Posted By: deevot on 2/5/2007

Location: charlotte, NC

On October 31, 2006, I moved to Charlotte, NC from Connecticut where I lived for a year and before that from San Diego, CA, where I lived for 7 years. Upon arrival, I signed up for the only television, internet service in my neighborhood (due to regulation standards). I purchased the bundle package.
Upon install the telephone and internet never worked, I constantly lost connectivity. We would call TW and literally I kid you not wait on hold for no less than 45 minutes (in fact as I speak, 6 mos later I am on hold w TW, my counter reads 21:18 so far) this went on for over a week, all in all I waited over 10 hours on hold at separate times throughout the week waiting for them. Finally I could stand it no longer and canceled the service, went w DSL, signed up for Direct TV and found a local analog telephone installer. Fast forward 6 mos. Direct TV HiDef channels do not work in my neighborhood, so I am forced to cancel service with them and go back to Time Warner (ask me about this decision later). As of today, I am being told I have to pay for ESPN Hi Def seperate from the existing, so I call TW to get an explanation and first it takes an act of God to speak to a human, when you do (after a 20+ minute wait) the phone mysteriously hangs up... seriously it has happened five times today, we will be transferred and the phone hangs up or shorlty after speaking to someone, the phone disconnects. I wish I had choices. I am so frustrated right now I want to scream, in fact I just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment