Friday, March 13, 2009

120 hz HD TV's make the 60 hz HD TV's look like crap, sorry.

I'm getting older now and need to use reading glasses much more frequently. My eyes just don't focus without them it seems. So I'm getting used to watching my 16 year old 26" TV, with reading glasses on...and I'm thinking, well, the tuner is busted on this thing and the economy is about to go into the crapper so what should I be looking for in a newer flat screen TV. I just went up to BJ's and saw four 42" HD TV's lined up in a row and then a little program came on that said Motion Roll 1080i (or 24p). So I'm interested in this Westinghouse TV for $649 because it seems like a good price point for me, but this Motion roll DVD/BR program sold me on the virtues of the 120hz technology on the 4th TV in the line (a Vizio for $999). There was one little section where a merry go round spins up and 3 of the TV's without the 120 hz technologies went all blurry, whereas the 120 hz Vizio didn't go nearly as blurry (by far). Yeah, I've seen crap simulations of 120 hz at Best Buy and that didn't seem real, but this BJ's demonstration proved that I've gotta wait for a 120 hz TV to hit my price point. However, I've read somewhere that 240 hz and 480 hz TV technology was on the way, but I haven't seen that on the store shelves yet. The 120 hz TV technology wasn't perfect, no it wasn't, and a 240 hz TV might be a vast improvement over the 120 hz technology; so I've gotta wait until I see side by side comparisons in a BJ's store about that...maybe next year after the economy has crashed and nobody is selling TV's at all anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment