Friday, March 13, 2009

Coupons for McDonald's yesterday/ Go With Him

I got a buy one get one free Big Mac/ Quarter Pounder & a free small Mocha Frapp (which I've NEVER had before). The total was $9.37, but with the coupons it was down to the price of a Big Mac and 23 cents tax. The McD's I went to opened in 1971 and it has the original menu on the wall from 1971. There wasn't much on the menu at all compared to today, but the Big Mac was on it for 55 cents! The Big Mac I paid for yesterday was $3.39, which would be just over 6X what it cost nearly 40 years ago. So if gasoline was 6X as much that'd be $1.80 a gallon or so which seems to be the case this week, ROTFLMAO!

Anyway the Frapp sipped through a straw started out kinda warm, then it went arctic cold on me and it froze my innards so bad I had to stop eating for 5 minutes until the ice cold PAIN went away!!! WOW!!!! Then I heard Enya on the store loudspeakers with her new hit single, which I found on YouTube several months back; I did miss play-listing the interview of her that was floating about my inbox...and McD's is trying to remind me of that!

A few days ago I was watching Married With Children reruns and one of them Al Bundy goes to find his record collection has melted next to the furnace in the basement. He becomes obsessed to remember which song it was that went "hmm, hmm, Him". Later they heard it on the radio station that plays 5000 songs in a row, but the announcer neglected to say what the song was, and we the viewer only heard 2 seconds of the last of it, so we don't know.

Anyway, I walk into Rite-Aid today to pick up a prescription for my Dad who just came home from spending 4 days in the hospital getting knee-replacement surgery (and maybe he had stroke symptoms while there), and while waiting around I hear this early Beatles song that has "Go With Him" as a refrain. This Rite-Aid store just had a Grand Opening yesterday, brand new store, yet the store radio is harping on a MWC show I watched just days prior to the stores' opening.

This is not coincidence folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment