Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Radio Station Alliance of Always Watching Me

I drove to the video store to exchange some DVD's and on the way back I turn on the car radio and hear John Tesh spinning "Dancing In The Dark" (Springsteen, 1984) on a local radio station 50 miles away (does he really live nearby like that? I can't tell - well OK, I've been misled, he's everywhere! Where Can I Hear The Show). So I'm driving to Wendy's since the song mentioned hunger at the point where I should have turned to go home instead. The song plays out and there's a Geico commercial with the "I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me" song refrain in it and that's where I turn into Wendy's. I turn off the radio to order. I turn it back on waiting for my Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, Value Fries, and Jr. Chicken Sandwich and switched the station since they were still on commercial and got my local station from somewhere nearby and they were playing "Dancing In The Dark" by Springsteen too! After I pull out to the road another song arrives "Waiting For The World To Change".

Well, I had to type this up before I munch down. But that is the world of radio station copying radio station; they do it - and it spooks me the hell out (since mid-1983).

No comments:

Post a Comment