Monday, July 27, 2009

County forms for Recertification For Medical Assistance











So the pages 1-4 of this form are not included here, but it was dated June 20th, mailed July 8th, Due back July 13th, arrived in my mailbox July 27th at my address because the envelope was handwritten by the worker to my address, but to the wrong person. On page one of the form is the supposedly correct name & address (much different than mine) where this mail obviously never made it to yet. Somebody just lost their Medical Assistance because of a clerical error & a postmaster confusion (it did take 19 days to wind up in my mailbox).

This brief New York annual application is in stark contrast to the 50 page annual application in Minnesota. Click pics for larger size.

Of course, the Medicaid Spenddown (somewhere in the $500-$750 threshold, I really don't know & depends on the state), is a non-starter for Medicaid for most people because they can't afford the rent & food on such limited income if they have to spend down $1300 of SSDI income to $500 on Medical expenses ($800 monthly medical deductible in this particular case) before getting Medicaid care. I haven't really found anybody who can explain the Spenddown to me in specifics. Most websites tell you the rules but never give appropriate examples of how it all adds up in real life. If they did, you'd probably commit suicide before applying.
***********************
PS: I saw some dude outside my window with his dog & asked him if his name (was the same as the addressed envelope) was xxx, he said YES, so I fetched the mail from my apt. and gave it to him. Turns out there was a misreading of 1 digit in the address since he just moved into my complex from another one across town. So the Post Office & the County thinks he lives in my place when a simple mistake in interpreting a digit was the problem. (DAMN!)

No comments:

Post a Comment