Friday, May 7, 2010

Twitter is over capacity

Something is technically wrong.
Starting May 6th, 2010, I cannot access twitter.

Can't get twitter to load on the web, starting 5-6-10. This could be long term. I think I've been blackballed from even reading twitter. But if I delete twitter cookies in Firefox, I can browse others' tweets at their home pages, I can sign in while looking at someone else's protected tweets account then change my profile settings. If I try to sign in while at my page or access my page via the Home button after I've signed in, I get Fail Whale.
Stale cookie. Click to enlarge 1280 x 1024






















****************************************************************************

Impossible to Maintain Secure Session With Twitter.com Web Interface

31796-my-account-is-compromised-hacked

What To Do If Your Twitter Account Is Hacked

 

"It doesn't matter what he has on us, because we're gonna destroy him first." - Lt. Horatio H Caine - (David Caruso) CSI: Miami (Down To The Wire episode)

Wiki CSI: Miami 
****************************************************************************
Xet wrote:  5-5-10
My computer often redirects me on Google searches and sometimes gives me
a random pop-up in the form of a new tab.  All of these redirecting
pages have the same icon that you see on the tab before it goes to
another site.

In addition to this problem, I cannot go online to anything containing
update.microsoft.com.  I tried to go to Windows update and it won't let
me connect.  Tried to go to MS update and it won't let me connect.  I
put in Google, update.microsoft.com, and it won't let me connect.  I go
to a random search in a site, type update.microsoft.com and it won't let
me connect.

I am running Windows XP Home edition.  I have looked into my HOST file
and it only shows 127.0.0.1.  I have used McAfee & Ad-aware twice.  I
ran Malwarebytes once and it found some registry error which I removed
but I'm still having the same problems.

************

Try repairing Windows Update

net.exe stop wuauserv
regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll
regsvr32 /s wups2.dll
regsvr32 /s wups.dll
regsvr32 /s wuweb.dll
regsvr32 /s jscript.dll
regsvr32 /s atl.dll
regsvr32 /s softpub.dll
regsvr32 /s msxml3.dll
net.exe start wuauserv

If you are computer savvy then you can copy all of those commands to a batch
file and run them from there.

Rui



****************
Xet

Run the 2 following free tools to fix this issue. Do not listen to the other 2
answers here,because they mean nothing

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan (separately) with the
following two applications (freeware versions are the ones to use for this):

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/


--
Peter
******************
Here are the following programs that I ran from various different help
forums.

SuperAntiSpyware
MalwareBytes
Ad-aware
DDS
FixVundo
GMER
HiJackThis
RootRepeal
Spybot S&D
SystemLook

In some of these programs, they are ran just to show the log files.  All
have picked up nothing on scan (all meaning SAS, MalwareBytes, Ad-aware,
FixVundo, & SpyBot S&D).


--
Xet

******************





In article <Xet.4aglp2@DoNotSpam.com>, Xet <Xet.4aglp2@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
>
>My computer often redirects me on Google searches and sometimes gives me
>a random pop-up in the form of a new tab

I've seen behavior like this on a machine where the DNS Server has been
hijacked - replaced with some other machine under the control of the "bad
guys".  A DNS server is the magic machine out yonder that changes the textual
name you type into a browser (such as www.google.com) into an actual string of
numbers (termed the IP address).

Others might well have a better way of detecting / correcting it if necessary,
but let me first ask: do you have a "My Network Places" icon on your desktop.

Art
*******************
In article <Xet.4aj2pb@DoNotSpam.com>, Xet <Xet.4aj2pb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
>
>I can access My Network Places.

OK.  Right click on it and click Properties.  Right click on the "appropriate"
connection - it's probably called "Local Area Connection" - and again click
Properties.

Doubleclick "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)".

You'll see a dialog box with a single "General" tab.  What do you see in the
bottom half.  Do you have "Obtain DNS server address automatically" checked,
or is the other item "Use the following DNS server addresses" checked?  If the
former, then my theory is wrong.  If the latter, please report what, if
anything, is in the Preferred DNS server and in the Alternate DNS server
boxes.  If they're blank, once again my theory is inappropriate here.

Art

No comments:

Post a Comment